Are spam SMS messages on your Android making you mad? We’ll show you how to block Robotexts and Spam messages from getting to your Android device. How Can I Block Robotexts and Spam Messages on Android?
Robotexts and Spam messages need to be blocked on Android devices if we want to keep our personal information safe from unwanted phishing activities. But not many Android users know about the built-in feature that makes it easy to block these things from happening.
But if you don’t know this either, make sure to read this guide all the way through because we explain how to block Robotexts and Spam on Android devices. So, let’s start with the guide.
There are Different ways to stop Robotexts and Spam SMS on Android.
There are many ways to deal with Spam messages. Not all of them are real, though. So, if you want to stop Robotexts and Spam messages from getting to your Android device, try these steps and see if they work.
Method 1: Block The Number
First, block the number. By blocking the number, you can stop text messages you don’t want to get. The problem with this method, though, is that spammers often change or switch phone numbers. So, even if you block the number, the same spammer could still send messages from other numbers. But blocking each number that sends you a lot of spam text messages is still a good number to make yourself from being scammed. To do so,
1. Tap the three dots on the right side of the text in the top right corner.
2. The next step will depend on the OS version of your device and the phone you have. Then, you can choose either Block number or Details. Block That Number
3. Lastly, tap Block spam and report it.
Method 2: Don’t talk back.
This is the best thing we can tell you. Yes, you should always ignore Robotexts and Spam messages and never click on any links they send you. But clicking on any link could hurt your privacy and security on your device in a big way. Many users, we’ve seen users lose their important credentials just by clicking on these phishing activities.
Method 3: report the number
You can use this trick, which has helped a lot of other users, to report a Robotexts. So, let’s see how to do that,
- You can send it to a certain phone number on the network of your mobile carrier.
- Just keep the message down.
- Click the three dots at the top and then choose Forward. Then, your network carrier provider gets the message.
- All done. Now, text the new message (SPAM) to the number for reporting SPAM for your mobile carrier network. This will try to block spam messages by using the information. Report the Number
Method 4: Filter Out Spammers
Even though the best network providers have their own spam filtering options, if your provider doesn’t have one, follow these steps to get rid of spam on your mobile.
- Open the Play Store and put the Messages app on your phone. With this app, you can turn off all of the possible spam messages.
- Then, tap the icon with three dots in the upper right corner of the app.
- Then, go to Settings and click on Spam protection.
4. Then, tap the Enable spam protection switch to turn it on. All done. If you get a message that your phone thinks is spam, it will let you know. Filter Out Spammers
Use Robo Killer for Method 5
This app is available for both Android and iOS. The app looks at the phone number, content, attachments, and other parts of each message to figure out if it is real or not. How to Use:
1. Download the app from the PlayStore.
2. Then, open it up and turn on the SMS Spam Recognition feature.
3. All done. But this won’t block all spam. Instead, it will just let you know that a message is spam.
Method 6: Use TrueCaller
If nothing else helps, you can just try the TrueCaller premium app. We don’t recommend using the free version because it won’t tell you about and block Robotexts and Spam messages on your Android phones as well as the premium version. I use an app called TrueCaller to block every spam message. This will tell you automatically which message is spam based on what other users have said. You should give it a shot and see if it helps. How to use it,
1. First, download and open it. Then, tap the three-dot button while holding the message you want to block.
2. After that, choose the option to block this person.
If you have anything to say about How to Block Robotexts and Spam Messages on Android?, feel free to leave a comment below. Also, please follow our DigitBin channel on YouTube to get video tutorials. Cheers!