Are you having trouble with a black screen on an iPhone during a WhatsApp video call? Then this guide has some troubleshooting tips to help you fix the problem. Chatting on WhatsApp has always been important, and it has pretty much replaced texting. But as technology has improved, video calling is now the norm in the WhatsApp community.
If the WhatsApp app has a bug, you may see a black screen during a video call. If the app doesn’t have access to use the iPhone’s camera, you can’t make a video call.
For a WhatsApp video call to work, the network needs to be strong. If you use your phone’s data instead of WiFi, you might see a black screen during the WhatsApp video call.
Tips to Fix Black Screen During WhatsApp Video Call on iPhone
Let’s start to fix things now. Here are the different ways to fix the problem.
1. Restart the iPhone
Start by trying the easiest fix first. Yes, just restart off and on again. People often think that a simple reboot will fix random connectivity problems.
- Press the iPhone’s side button.
- On the screen that says “switch off,” there will be a choice Move to turn off. If you do what they say, the iPhone will follow off.
3. After a few seconds, press the power button again to restart the iPhone back on.
Open WhatsApp now and try to place a video call. During the WhatsApp video call, I’m sure you won’t see a black screen.
2. Update WhatsApp
Let’s talk about the possible bug on WhatsApp now. You should always update your apps as soon as they become available in the App store. That will help fix WhatsApp’s bugs and other problems with how it works.
- Open the store for apps.
- Tap the picture of the person in the top right corner.
3. You will see a list of apps that are waiting for you to update them.
4. If WhatsApp is listed, tap Update to start updating the version.
3. Toggle Flight Mode
You can also turn on and off the iPhone’s flight mode with a toggle switch. If the black screen during the WhatsApp video call was caused by a random network problem, this will definitely fix it.
1. Open the iPhone’s control centre.
2. Tap the icon for flight mode to disable it on. Tap it again to turn it off.
3. When you turn on flight mode, the icon turns orange. When you turn off flight mode, the icon turns grey.
4. Use a WiFi network to do Video Calls on WhatsApp
If you want to switch a video call on WhatsApp, try switching to a WiFi network instead of using your mobile data. WiFi is usually stable enough to make video calls that are crystal clear and don’t drop audio or video. Also, instead of a 4G network, if you have access to the latest and strongest 5G network, it’s even better for making a video call on WhatsApp without the black screen problem.
5. Enable Camera permission for WhatsApp
Check to see if WhatsApp is allowed to use the camera. A video call won’t work if you don’t use the camera.
- Go to the iOS’s Settings.
- Tap on WhatsApp after you find it.
- Scroll down to the camera in the list of settings for WhatsApp.
- Tap the switch next to the camera to give WhatsApp access to your camera.
5. Now, you can make video calls with WhatsApp.
6. Disable Less Data Usage for WhatsApp
There are settings in WhatsApp that, when turned on, limit the amount of data used while using WhatsApp. On the other hand, you need enough data to be able to place a video call.
To use data without limits, you need to turn off the “less data usage” feature in WhatsApp. This is true whether you’re using your phone’s data or WiFi.
Here are the steps to find the feature and disable it off.
- Get WhatsApp going.
- Tap Settings at the bottom.
- Then navigate to Storage and Data. Tap on it.
- Tap the switch next to “Use Less Data for Calls” under the Network tab to turn it off.
This will fix the WhatsApp video call’s black screen.
7. Reset iPhone Network Settings
Last but not least, you can try to reset your iPhone’s network settings. This will get rid of any small network problems, and the problem with the black screen during the WhatsApp video call will be fixed. Here are the steps to reset the iPhone’s network settings.
- Go to the Settings page.
- Tap General.
- Tap on transfer or Reset iPhone under that.
4. Choose Reset and then tap Reset Network Settings from the menu on the next page.
5. When asked for your iPhone’s passcode, give the same number.
6. After the network reset is done, the device will restart up again.
7. Now, open WhatsApp and try to make a video call to anyone. I’m sure the problem with the black screen will be fixed.
Follow the tips in this guide to use all of WhatsApp’s features, like video calling, without any trouble. This will help you fix the problem right away if your iPhone’s screen goes black during a WhatsApp video call.
If you have any thoughts on “How to Fix Black Screen During WhatsApp Video Call on iPhone? “, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.