Do you play the game League of Legends Wild Rift? If so, you might be getting the unknown error 13 or 5 after the latest patch update.Don’t be afraid! Here, you’ll find out how to fix League of Legends Wild Rift unknown error 13 or 5. League of Legends (LoL) has a new version called Wild Rift, which adds more features and other things to the game. This game is made by Riot Games and is one of the most popular multiplayer online battle arena video games. Even though the game is great, it has some mistakes or bugs. Yes, some players have reported the League of Legends Wild Rift Unknown Error -13 or -5.
But don’t worry, because there are ways around this error code that we can resolve you.
So, if you’re looking for fixes like this, check sure to read this guide all the way through and see if our advice helps.
Ways to Fix League of Legends Wild Rift Unknow Error 13 or 5?
Yes, there are different fixes to resolve the LOL: Wild Rift unknown error 13 or 5 problem.
But the fixes you need to resolve this problem are listed below. Make sure to do them carefully.
Fix 1: Check The Game Servers
Popular online games like League of Legends Wild Rift sometimes have major server downtimes that can last from a few minutes to many hours. Riot tries to keep the number of server outages to a minimum, but it is impossible to completely avoid this kind of problem because so many things can go wrong.
If you can’t connect to LOL, you should first check to see if it’s a problem with the server.
So, to see if that’s true, you need to go to the DownDetector and see if servers are down all over the world.
Fix 2: Check Your Internet Connection
If your Internet at home is slow, your PC, PS4, or Xbox One could lose connection to the game servers. You may have a slow connection if there is a problem with your broadband line, if your ISP has an outage, or if you use the Internet on too many devices at once.
But we suggest you should first go to the speed tester website and test how fast your internet is. But if your router fails this test, you should contact your ISP right away.
Fix 3: Use Game Launcher
If you are playing this game directly on your Windows PC, we suggest that you use a game launcher, such as Steam Client, Epic Games Store, etc., to play this game. But a lot of people have said that this fixed the League of Legends Wild Rift Unknown Error -13 or -5 codes for them. So, you should also try this and see if it works for you.
Fix 4: Use Browsers Exception
It is suggested that you use the browser exceptions in Chrome or whatever browser you use. Here’s what you need to do:
- Click the menu button with three dots in Chrome and then tap Settings.
- Then, click Privacy and security > Site settings.
- After that, restart Chrome and check into your LoL account to see if the problem is still there.
Fix 5: Change your DNS Servers
DNS servers work like a phone book for the Internet. Most of the internet, we’ll use the servers that our ISPs have set up. If you change to a trusted DNS server, LOL might connect better. This is how:
1. Go to System > Advanced network settings in Windows Settings > System.
2. Then, select More Network Adapter options.
3. Now, right-click on your network and select the Properties option.
4. Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties.
5. Ensure the following DNS servers are used. Type 184.108.40.206 as the Preferred DNS server; and 220.127.116.11 as the Alternate DNS server. Click OK to save the changes.
Fix 6: Check For Update
Most unknown error codes in the game, like 13, 5, 1121, etc., can be fixed by simply updating the app. League of Legends has been updated a lot in the past few months because so many new features have been added. As a majority, updating your app will usually fix most of these minor problems. But you should only download and update the LOL app from the official website.
Fix 7: Disable Real-Time Protection
The best thing for you to do would be to turn off the real-time protection on your Windows PC. Sometimes, our built-in antivirus software stops our programmes from working properly. So, you should try turning it off to see if it helps fix the League of Legends Wild Rift unknown error 13 or 5.
- If you press Windows + I, you can open Windows Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy & Security > Select Windows Security from the right pane.
3. From the menu, choose Open Windows Security.
4. Click on Virus and threat protection > Manage settings.
5. Then you’ll have to turn off Real-time protection.
6. Click Yes to move forward.
Fix 8: Run The Game As an Administrator
Running the game with administrator privileges could also help resolve the League of Legends Wild Rift unknown error 13 or 5. But to do that,
First, right-click on the.exe icon and select Properties.
After that, make sure to tap the tab that says “Compatibility.”
After that, check sure the box next to Run This Program as Administrator is checked.
Now, click “Apply” and then “Ok” to save the changes.
Fix 9: Reinstall The Game
Trying reinstalling the League of Legends game can also help you if none of the other methods worked for you. To do this, do the following:
- To open Settings, press the Windows key + I.
- On the left side, click on Apps > Click on Apps and features.
- Find League of Legends on the list and right-click on the icon that looks like three dots.
- Choose Uninstall and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the uninstallation.
- After uninstalling is done, turn the computer back on.
- Download and install the latest League of Legends installer file from the League of Legends website.
- Lastly, complete the installation by running the LoL installer.
Fix 10: Contact LOL Officials
We’re sorry that none of the methods we’ve talked about so far in this guide worked for you. But there is still one more thing you can do to resolve this error. You can just contact the official LOL support team and ask for help. They will definitely help you resolve the League of Legends Wild Rift unknown error 13 or 5.
If you have any questions or comments about “Fix: League of Legends Wild Rift Unknown Error 13 or 5,” feel free to leave them in the box below. Also, please follow our DigitBin channel on YouTube to get video tutorials. Cheers!