Realtek is a firm you’ve probably heard of because it built your computer’s sound card or WiFi adaptor. When you go through the programs list and notice an application you don’t recall installing, it’s usually a little scary: what is Realtek Card Reader software, and do you really need it?
The Realtek Card Reader program allows your operating system to communicate with the inserted card. It allows devices that rely on drivers to communicate with the operating system. This program is not required for the proper operation of your computer.
However, in order to use the associated devices, they must be installed. The Realtek Card Reader can read external cards from a camera, mouse, and other devices. You can also use it as a link between a media card and a computer.
In this post, you’ll discover how to uninstall Realtek Card Reader Software and get answers to questions like: “What is Realtek Card Reader? What are the Benefits of Using a Card Reader? Should I Remove It?”
What is a Realtek Card Reader, and how does it work?
Realtek is a multinational chipset manufacturer that produces and distributes a variety of microchips. It primarily manufactures communications network integrated circuits, computer peripheral integrated circuits, and multimedia integrated circuits. Realtek audio drivers and managers, such as Realtek Audio Driver and Realtek Audio Manager, are commonly found on computer motherboards.
A Realtek card reader is a card reader that allows your Windows PC to read media cards such as memory cards from digital cameras. You can connect the Realtek USB card reader to your computer’s USB port and transfer files between the computer and the media card. The Realtek card reader communicates with your computer using the Realtek card reader driver for Windows 10. In general, you can update the Realtek card reader driver to the most recent version to Fix Errors and enable USB 2.0 transfer speed for faster data transfer.
Why Should You Use a Card Reader?
From a technical standpoint, there’s no reason to use a card reader rather than a USB thumb drive. However, some gadgets only support SD card inputs, and in those cases, a USB stick will not suffice. There’s also the smaller form factor: a MicroSD card can store gigabytes of data and is small enough to fit in your wallet’s change pocket. Just make sure you don’t misplace it!
The following are some of the advantages of using it:
- You may read the contents of digital camera media cards using a Realtek USB card reader and a USB port and drive.
- Data can be easily exchanged between a data card and a computer.
- Furthermore, your computer is the source of power for the Realtek Card Reader.
- As a result, you won’t have to worry about your camera or an MP3 player running out of battery.
- The main benefit of the Card Reader is that it can read content from several sorts of cards.
- It’s simple to use and works with a variety of digital devices.
- This software will not take up much space on your hard drive, taking up only 6.4 MB.
What is the procedure for uninstalling the Realtek Card Reader?
Using the Add/Remove Program option in the Windows Control Panel, you can uninstall the Realtek Card Reader from your computer. Perform one of the following in the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Control Panel), then under Programs, do one of the following:
- Click “Uninstall a Program” on Windows Vista/7/8/10.
- TapAdd or Remove Programs in Windows XP.
- Click on Realtek Card Reader when you locate it, and then do one of the following:
- Click “Uninstall” on Windows Vista/7/8/10.
- Tap the Remove or Change/Remove tab in Windows XP (to the right of the program).
Follow the on-screen instructions. A Realtek Reader will be uninstalled in the amount of time indicated by a progress bar.
How Do I Remove It?
This section contains a list of options for uninstalling this program on a Windows 10 desktop or laptop.
Method 1: Using a Control Panel
1. Press the Windows key and type the “control panel” into the search box.
To open it, use the Enter key.
2. Choose View by> Large Icons and then Programs and Features, as seen in the highlighted area.
3. Right-click on the Card Reader and choose Uninstall from the menu that appears, as shown below.
4. Confirm the prompt now.
Do you wish to give this app permission to change your device? by selecting “Yes.” Finally, restart your computer.
Method 2: Make Use of Windows Preferences
1. Go to the Start menu and type “Apps.”
To open the Apps & Features pane, click Open.
2. In the Search this list bar, type “Realtek Card Reader software” and press Enter.
3. Select Uninstall from the drop-down menu as shown below.
4. Confirm that the software has been removed from the system by looking for it again.
We couldn’t find anything to show here, so you’ll get a message. Check your search criteria once more, as stated.
Method 3: Restore the System
System Restore aids in the restoration of the Windows Operating System to its original condition, as well as the deletion of all unwanted programs.
As a result, you can uninstall the Realtek Card Reader software by following the steps outlined below.
1. Click the Start button and type “cmd” into the search box.
Then, to run an elevated Command Prompt, choose Run as administrator.
2. Press Enter after typing the command “rstrui.exe.”
3. The System Restore window will now appear.
4. A. Click Next after selecting Recommended Restoration.
5. A. Next, click Next to see the Date and Time for the Automatic Restore Point.
Alternatively, as illustrated, click Choose a different restore point and then Next.
5B. Click Next after selecting a restore point from the list.
6. Finally, click the Finish button to confirm your restore point.
Is the card reader software required?
You’ll need the software if you have a card reader. You might not be able to transfer any data to or from your SD card if you don’t do so. However, if you’ve recently acquired a new laptop or PC and the card reader application is already installed, you can remove it. If necessary, it can always be reinstalled later.
Now that you know what Realtek Reader software is, it’s time to learn what a circuit board performs. We hope you now know what Card Reader is and why you should remove it, as well as how to uninstall Realtek Card Reader. If you have any questions or recommendations about this post, please leave them in the comments area.