How To Scan Documents With Google Drive On iPhone: It would be ideal if the iPhone included a native feature for scanning paper documents, receipts, and notes using the camera and uploading the scanned content immediately to cloud storage space. The Google Drive app for Android accomplishes the same thing. Well, the Google Drive app for Android has a feature that allows you to scan documents directly and save them as searchable PDFs to your Google Drive. The feature was once only available to Android users but is now available for iOS.
If you have an iPhone and want a quick and easy way to scan your papers, receipts, notes, and other items into the cloud, you may install the iPhone app from the Apple App Store and use the Google Drive document scanning feature. To scan documents using the Google Drive app on your iPhone, first download the most recent version from the Apple App Store. Once downloaded, follow the easy instructions we’ve provided below. Here’s what you should do.
How To Scan Documents With Google Drive On iPhone?
Only the most recent Google Drive app can scan documents on an iPhone. Make sure to download and install the most recent version of Google Drive from the Apple App Store, then follow the instructions below.
- Launch the Apple App Store on the iPhone. Now, open the official Google Drive app by searching for it.
- On the App Listing screen, tap the Get button. If the app is already installed, tap Update.
- Launch the Google Drive app on the iPhone after installing or upgrading it.
- On Google Drive’s main screen, tap the camera icon. The camera symbol is displayed in the bottom right corner.
- You will now be requested to grant many permissions. Grant all of the permissions requested by the app.
- Giving permission will instantly open the camera. Place the document you wish to scan on a flat surface. Make sure the lighting is good, and there are no shadows.
- The Google Drive app will display a blurred frame; try to place the document within the blue frame. All you have to do is position the document within the frame.
- The Google Camera automatically captures a scan if the document is aligned within the frame.
- When you believe the blue frame is aligned with the document, go to manual mode and tap the Shutter button.
- After Google Drive scans the document, tap the preview thumbnail in the bottom left corner.
- On the next screen, you may make several changes, such as adjusting the edges, applying filters, rotating the scan, or retaking it.
- If the scan is complete, tap the Save icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, choose where to save the scanned document as a PDF file and tap the Save button again.
That is it! This is how you scan documents using the Google Drive app on your iPhone.
The ability to scan documents using the Google Drive app is familiar; Android users have been using it for a while. Now that the feature is available on Google Drive for iOS, iPhone users may enjoy it, too. Please let us know if you require more assistance scanning documents using Google Drive on your iPhone.