Nothing is more frustrating than running into an error while attempting to finish a job on a Windows program system. Unfortunately, one of these problems we face on Windows is the entry point not found error. But we’ve talked about how to fix the “Entry Point Not Found” error on Windows.
This kind of error is not new; we see it constantly. But none of this will last forever, so don’t worry. When we install a program or app with data and information, files and folders are created automatically. We only have to keep the order by hand very rarely.
So if it makes files, data, and information go missing or get messed up, it makes things easier for us. Let’s fix the procedure entry point that could only be located in the dynamic link library with a little trouble.
What is an Entry Point Not Found Error
Windows is, without question, one of the easiest machines to use in the world. It is also the most problematic gadget at the same time.
Like other errors, the entry point not found error is a problem many face when we try to open a program.
The DDL file is an important part of the system and the application. It’s in a folder with other information needed to run the system and application well.
When a certain program or app can’t get to a file, it throws the “entry point not found” error occasionally. So much for the “entry not found” error.
What is the Reason for the Entry Point Not Found Error
There are many reasons why the system entry point could not be found in the dynamic link library error can happen. So, before we look at how to fix it, we should look at why it broke.
- Problematic program.
- DLL files that are missing or broken.
- Drivers that are old.
- How to Fix the Error “Entry Point Not Found”
How to Fix Entry Point Not Found Error
People think that fixing the problem is hard, but it’s not. You can fix this issue on your own. But there are many ways to fix the problem. Here are some that have worked in the past.
1. Perform a Virus Scan
Whether you can open an app or do something else, computers with viruses always make it hard to get things done. We should check for viruses and malware before using any advanced way.
- Click Start, then Settings, then Privacy & Security.
- Select Windows Security after that.
3. Click Virus & Threat Protection after that.
4. Click the Scan Choices button next.
5. Here, you must choose Full Scan and click the Scan Now button. It will tell you everything you need to know about whether or not the system is harmed.
2. Perform System File Checker
When it comes to corrupted files, these system file checks can help. Let’s run a system file checker to fix the entry point not found error as soon as possible.
- Click “Start” in Windows, look for “Command Prompt,” and then click “Run as administrator.”
2. Now, you must copy this code, paste it over CMD, and hit the enter button.
3. To show any errors and their fixes will take some time. But once the process is done, you must restart the system and check the app again. Move on to the next process if you still have the same issue.
3. Perform System Restore
Here’s another way to fix your issue. It allows the system to fix the error while you perform a system restore.
- Press Windows + R to extend the Run tool, type rstrui.exe, and then press the enter button.
- Click Next, then check the box next to Show more restore points.
- The last step is to click the Next button again.
- After that, you should restart the system.
4. Install Visual C++ Redistributable Package
The Visual C++ Redistributable package can help apps or systems with missing DLL files. Installing the most recent version of the app is therefore recommended.
- Visit the page where you can download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Select the newest deals now. Always pick the right one based on how your system is built. For example, I have a system with 64 bits. So I have to download a package that works with 64-bit.
3. Then install the executable file the same way you install apps.
4. Restart the system and check if the app is still throwing the error after everything has been done correctly.
5. Repair the Application
It’s a simple way to fix problems, but it does help. From the Microsoft store, you can repair the app that you loaded. If you need help, you must restart the app from a reliable source. The process is as follows:
- Start Windows, then go to Settings, then Apps.
- Choose Apps that have been installed.
- Select the app that is throwing the error right now. Next, click on the three dots and choose Advance Choices.
- Then check the app and try the repair choice first. Click the reset button if it still doesn’t perform.
6. Reinstall Problematic Application
We already know why the program or app keeps throwing mistakes on the screen, and sometimes it can cause other problems. No matter the reason, restarting the app is always the best thing to do.
As I said before, when we download and install apps on Windows, we don’t need to add any files or packages. Instead, the app instantly sends all of the needed data, files, and information one at a time.
Some users may need help fixing all target files by hand. So, based on how we use the app, we remove and reinstall it from a trusted source. Reinstalling the app will fix your issue.
Any kind of error is annoying, but if you use the right app at the right time, it’s not scary. So, these are the best ways to fix entry point problems not found on Windows. I hope you have enough information at this point. Tell us in the comments if you still need help.