Fix: Windows 11 Volume Level Changes Automatically. It isn’t very pleasant on the Windows operating system when the volume keeps going up and down. Due to software or hardware-related reasons, anyone can experience this general issue. This issue is encountered when there is a problem with the internal speakers or an external audio peripheral.
Once you know the reason for the issue, troubleshooting it is easy. This article will show you how to fix the problem where the volume level goes up or down on its own in Windows 11.
Fix Volume Level Automatically Goes Up or Down in Windows 11
On your Windows 11 computer, are you experiencing audio issues? Here are the steps you need to take to fix it:
1. Disconnect Audio Devices
First, unplug any audio equipment that is attached to your PC. This will determine whether the issue is with the hardware or the software. If the issue is still encountered, it is likely a software issue, and you can proceed to the next section of this article.
If you aren’t currently facing the issue, that’s the reason. Fix the issue by finding out what’s causing it.
2. Run Audio Troubleshooter
The issue you are facing can be troubleshot with the aid of an Audio Troubleshooter. Track the steps listed below to accomplish this: To open it, click the Start button and then click Settings.
- Now, click on Troubleshoot, and then click on Other Troubleshooters.
- Connect the Run button next to Playing Audio, and then follow the on-screen
- directions to run the troubleshooter. Run beside Playing Audio
3. Turn Off Audio Enhancements
The audio enhancements feature makes your PC sound better. But this feature may sometimes cause this issue. To fix the issue, turn off this feature.
- To open Settings, press Windows + I on the computer. Settings for Windows 11
- On the right, click the Sound choice.
- Under “Output,” click on the audio device you want to use.
- To turn this feature off, set Enhance Audio to Off. Improve audio
4. Restart Audio Services
If there is an issue with the audio services on your PC, the volume level may go up or down on its own in Windows 11. You can fix the problem by following the steps below to restart the audio services:
- Extend the Start menu, search for “Services,” and then open it. Search for help
- Find Windows Audio, right-click on it, and click the “Restart” button.
5. Turn on Exclusive Mode
Turn on the exclusive mode in the sound settings to see if that fixes the issue. Follow the below steps to do so:
- On Windows 11, click the Settings button, then click the Sound option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and then click on More Sound Settings. More Places to Make Noise
- Now, double-click on the device you are using to play audio.
- Go to the Advanced tab and then check both boxes under Exclusive Mode. Exclusive Mode
- Connect Apply, then OK, to save the changes.
6. Update Audio Drivers
Outdated audio drivers can also cause issues with sound. To fix the issue, make sure your audio drivers are current. To do this, you can follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the Start button and then click on Device Manager.
- Double-click on the sound, video, and game controls to make them bigger.
- Right-click on your audio driver, then click on Update Driver. Click on Driver Update
4. Now, click on Search instantly for drivers to install the latest drivers.
7. Reinstall Audio Drivers
Damaged or problematic driver files could also bring on this issue. The issue can be fixed by reinstalling the driver. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Press the Windows and X keys simultaneously, then click on Device Manager.
- Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers to widen the list.
- Right-click the audio driver on your PC and click “Uninstall Device.”
4. To reinstall the driver on your PC, you need to restart it.
The above steps should fix the issue if the Volume level automatically goes up or down in Windows 11. Close all the apps running in the background if the issue persists.
Because third-party apps could mess with the audio and cause this issue, but if the external audio device you use is broken, you should fix it or get a new one.